Our dress code ensures that our faculty will be able to see a dancer’s alignment and positioning. A dress code will also teach students discipline, helping with overall focus and energy. By “dressing the part”, dancers feel like dancers. Our dress code also creates unity among the dancers.
Betsy Walker and Cricket’s Company classes
Older Ballet Students (ages 2nd grade and up)
- Black leotard, ballet pink tights, pink ballet shoes, hair secured in a bun w/pins (no cover up clothes in class i.e. tee shirts, sweat pants, sweatshirts)
Younger Ballet Students (ages 3 years-1st grade)
- Black leotard, ballet pink tights, pink ballet shoes, hair must be secured off the face, either a bun or ponytail for longer hair, and barrettes for short hair.
Jazz & Tap Class
- Same as ballet, may wear black leggings over tights.
- Tan tap and jazz shoes for all classes except Senior Company 1 & 2.
- Senior Company 1 & 2 need black tap and jazz shoes.
- Ballet attire with convertible tights to allow the dancer to have bare feet.
- Black tights, white socks, white ballet shoes, white crew neck tee shirt.
NOTE: All older students (10 and up) may wear “Convertible tights”.
Where to Purchase Dancewear?